Thursday 8 October 2015

Day 280 2015: Lurking in the shadows...

Day 280: ...battling the 'lergies

I have an underlying chronic pain condition which, treated properly, doesn't interfere too much with the day to day. I'm otherwise pretty grateful that I can get up each day, go to work, do my job, do all the other things one does in the course of one's life...and then a cold hits. 

And hits really badly. I can't remember the last time I've been KO'd by something like this. I've never missed classes through illness (there might have been other commitments perhaps) but no, this cold, souvenir perhaps of recent international flights, has left me wilted. Not only that, but without voice. And let's face it, a lecturer without a voice is well, not much chop. 

So it was a day at home. Battling 'lergies. I really had little else to watch except the sun move through the day...through the front door.

A little colour

A touch of red

Full screen

And in the end, I really did just feel a shadow of my former self. 

Self-portrait, in shadow, coming up for air

Hopefully this is just a short term thing. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 100-300mm, 4.20pm, 4.41pm, 5.36pm, 4.18pm]