Friday 9 October 2015

Day 282 2015: Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside...

Day 282: ...oh, I do like to be beside the sea

...especially on a dark and stormy evening. And the end of the working week. And the need for some fresh sea air to try and chase this cold away. Well, that was my excuse and I was running with it. 

Indeed, thanks to a colleague who chased me out the door once the big hand was on the 5.00pm (or a bit thereafter) mark, it was Friday after all, I grabbed the opportunity to go down to Moffat to get some fish and chips pics of the clouds over a stormy sea. 

My grandmother's house was right across the road from one of Sydney's northern beaches and I spent a lot of time there growing up. I learnt much about the sea, the way of the waves, their patterns, when they were safe, when they were dangerous. I love to read the sea, the ocean. 

So I don't always need to see a blue sky and a blue ocean. Sometimes, there's just as much emotion in the grey of the clouds, the white caps, the water against the sand...

...and so it was a bit lighter than more recent times when I've sought to capture the movement of the waves on the sand. Some abstract impressions.

Wave breaks

Shore break

Receding wave, emerging sand

White water

impressions

Wave swirl

From the shore

On a far horizon


There'll be a range of emotions over the next few weeks as my time on the Coast winds down and I move on. But there is still some time to be beside the seaside, time to be by the sea. For now. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 100-300mm, 5.45pm-5.47pm]