Tuesday 13 October 2015

Day 286 2015: A further unfurling...

Day 286: ...before the unravelling

No, not really dear reader, not quite that bad. The Madonna lily caught my eye this morning. I've been watching this over the last few weeks and this morning there was quite some movement on the petal front. Two more buds have joined the queue here too. 

Actually, it is a little bit of a trick shot but I don't mind the end result. 

I'm yet to purchase a proper macro lens for the current camera. The lens I used here requires quite a few centimetres to focus properly when up close...quite a bit more room than I had to manoeuvre properly. So I unusually, opened up the back screen and photographed via the screen rather than the viewfinder...

From above

Shyness

There's a certain effect here, not quite in focus, not quite out of focus. Not quite sure how I achieved it to be honest. I imagined I might have time to get some more pics as the day progressed. But work. oh well. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 6.54am]