Saturday 17 October 2015

Day 290 2015: In search of jacarandas...

Day 290: ...ending up with galahs

That's *with* galahs dear reader, not *being* one. Although, I suppose the people whose houses border the local park might have thought I was a bit of a galah.

It's jacaranda time in Brisbane. Now I know jacarandas are not native to Brisbane but it doesn't stop the city celebrating them, including me, just down the road in one of the local parks, playing 'live like a local, act like a tourist'. 

I've always liked the fact that the Japanese celebrate the blossoming of the sakura, or cherry blossom, each year. They lay out tarps and blankets under the trees and eat, drink and celebrate (sometimes with portable karaoke machines--which I would prohibit, just quietly, so we could have a bit of quiet). I think we could do that here in Brisbane, all it takes is a park, some jacarandas and ...some people. 

Avenue

Purple, purple

Full bloom, afternoon sun

Close

Closer



Perhaps we might look like galahs, but when two flew in late this arvo, just as I was packing up, well who was I to pass up the chance to picture them too. 



Spot the galah

Shakin' a tail feather

Heh

Just can't get enough

I love the jacas, but I'm no galah...just yet. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 75-300mm, 4.15pm-4.40pm]