Friday 23 October 2015

Day 296 2015: Today almost didn't happen...

Day 296: ...blame it on the swan

Well actually today did happen of course. Classes as usual etc and so forth. No, I mean photographically-speaking. There have been the occasional days where I think all my photographic ambitions have been realised in one shot (remember the damselfly on the turtle's nose?). I spent some of today thinking about how lucky I had been capturing that swan yesterday. It was only sometime early today, for example, that I realised the 'moment' of photographing a flying, winging swan overrode any sense of self-preservation--should I have ducked (hehe) as it flew in, just in case it couldn't stop? 

'Swan collides with camera-wielding human' *Imagined headline...*

Best thing to do was to go to the beach, take in the view...

Late surf, waiting for the waves

Will I, won't I?

Solitude

Wind

Waves approaching

Waves on the rocks

...which I did. It was Friday after all but it was the swan, not Friday, on my mind. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 5.38pm-5.50pm]