Friday 30 October 2015

Day 303 2015: Friday, beach, chips...

Day 303: ...nothing else matters. 

Finally, after thirteen years, I get into the habit I promised myself thirteen years ago. 'You're working on the Sunshine Coast...you can go to the beach, almost daily...maybe...perhaps...'

OK, so it didn't work out like that. The life of an academic commuting 200km a day, early starts, late finishes...etc. Made it all very difficult. More recently I have been making the effort however, each Friday, at the end of the day. 

Today was a little earlier, it was the last day of teaching so next week is just marking...

marking...

marking...

marking...

And then we'll be done with that and moving on to writing and thinking...

writing and thinking...

thinking and writing...

writing and thinking...

But this afternoon, it was about the rocks, the waves, the low tide...oh, and a dog or two.

On the rocks

Ripple effect

rock : pool : rock

Cloud : surreal

Who has got the ball?

Wave : goodbye


It is a late start to a fine tradition, but I'll do what I can between now and Jan. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 75-300mm, 5.02pm-5.09pm]