Monday 9 November 2015

Day 313 2015: Everyday should have some focus...

Day 313: ...and a little blurring around the edges

I was working through the day, at home, interrupted by medical appointments and dithering about whether or not to pop down the road to see the last session of the cricket test. Well, the last thing didn't happen because the NZ team ended up all out around lunchtime. 

So it was back to work until the early evening when I was due at Parliament House for our study group's end-of-year function. I always enjoy the atmosphere there and given I first stepped inside the Queensland Parliament as an intrigued primary school kid, I guess I've had a long association. 

Today's pic is really just a bit of a fluke, but it caught my eye in that without editing, without filtering, it came out with some parts in focus while others were a little fuzzy. It was kind of representative of my typical day--some focus, some blurring but really, if electronic devices could offer fragrance-a-vision, you'd also smell the wonderful fragrance that jasmine projects. And like the roses and the frangipanis featured here recently, there is something quite extraordinary about the floral growth at the moment. 

Can't see the jasmine for ... the jasmine


I guess it has to do with the weather but I'd rather see it as a perfect day: a little focus, a little blurring and a bit of (olfactory) imagination. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 75-300mm, 4.04pm]