Friday 13 November 2015

Day 317: It may be the apocalypse...

Day 317: ...or a rescued beetle

I was walking back to the car thinking, 'it's Friday, it is lateish, it will be too dark for pics of the beach by the time I get on the road. Darn'. I thought I might be back just in time to catch the last of the sunset colours...and then I stumbled across a beetle frantically trying to right itself. 

I fell sorry for the beetles when they end up upside down, I try to to help out. This one though, was a long way from anything green, so I decided to carry it to a tree along the way.

Until...

I had an image in my mind of the silhouette of the rhino beetle (kabutomushi in Japanese, just in passing) in view of the sunset colours...

I wasn't going to make it to the beach after all. So, I don't often do this but it is a little bit of a contrived pic, inasmuch as I placed the beetle on the roof of the car, against the fiery(ish), dramatic sky, thus...

The apocalypse might be here


I don't know, the pics don't often happen like that but it just seemed to be something different to do. I put it down in a grassy patch after its modelling debut.

I'll blame it on the lack of sleep all the marking I've been doing this week. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 6.50pm]