Monday 16 November 2015

Day 320 2015: Noticing the detail...

Day 320: ...is not a bad thing to do

We entered the second and final week of the exam period today. I have two more workshops to go. The marking will soon be done. Maybe even by this time next week, if I'm lucky. Then I can really write. (And pack up, but mostly write.)

It is about the detail. Marking. Assessment. The detail. it doesn't matter how many times you seem to give advice, repeat it, encourage...so many just seem to miss it. Perhaps they don't care and so perhaps I shouldn't either. 

But it is my training I suppose that makes that impossible. My hobbies too--music and photography--generally demand a certain level of attention to detail...perhaps I'm just used to it. 

And so it is particularly with this photographic project and especially with this project within the project. Each of the pics I took today had that element of 'detail' about them. None so much as the frangipani vine which is still taking some time to settle in the garden. It seems to work like the trees, having lost all its leaves in winter, I noticed they were coming back today. Somewhat relieved. 


Hanging out

There was also a jumping spider of sorts, settled there just long enough for one pic and one pic only. If I hadn't noticed that detail, then a bird photobombing a cloudscape was the next choice. 

Detail, it's just about the detail really. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 5.09pm]