Saturday 12 December 2015

Day 345 2015: Storm clouds and frangipanis...

Day 345: ...it must be summer

The work continues. But at home today. With temperatures due to hit the mid-30s, it did seem a bit unnecessary to drive all the way to work to work in an unventilated, un-air-conditioned office to write when I could stay at home and write on the deck where the cool breeze would do battle with the hot humid air. (Surprisingly, the deck wins, every time.) 

I also figured that I could head into the city this evening to do what I planned to do yesterday, which was take some of the Christmas lights around King George Square. Except for the arrival of these skies mid-afternoon...

storm sky: one part blue, two parts grey

...which didn't augur well for the evening. (It is summer, we are more or less prepared for these eventualities.)

But the frangipanis are really coming into their own now and let's face it, with a cool breeze on the back deck and frangipanis in the back yard...

Frangipani reaching up


Frangipani reaching out

...really, why would I go anywhere. Two of my favourite things: storm clouds and frangipanis. This will do me.

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 2.57pm, 4.55pm]