Wednesday 16 December 2015

Day 349 2015: The old and the new...

Day 349: ...or, will photograph anything

I will photograph *anything*, yes, but I'd like to think there is a reason for it. Today was a work-at-home day, partly because there were things to be completed without the usual office interruptions and partly because I had another concert later this evening which I didn't want to risk missing through possible traffic jams etc etc...

That means pics around the yard and similar...for another day. Well, that's OK, there is always something to photograph, something to help sharpen my pixster skills each day. 

I added some more petals to the rose petal bowl. I don't know quite what it is about them, but there is a certain elegance in dried petals that I like...

Study in older petals

And then outside, a flower that rarely flowers...and it looks like there will be three. Soon.


Study in newer petals


Coming up (not) roses
So the work-at-home thing often gets interrupted as well and until I build myself a little hideaway-go-away-I'm-not-here cottage out the back to work, a modern day turret of sorts, I'll just have to keep working around it. 

The concert was a good one, my second last one with the clarinet choir...yet another in the long list of lasts. Farewelling the old and anticipating the new. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 9.01am, 9.04am-9.05am]