Saturday 19 December 2015

Day 353 2015: Formation flying...

Day 353: ...and the all-knowing one

Today, Saturday--with no marking, no rehearsals, no plays, no concerts to be back for--was a time to head to the south coast to visit my mum and have lunch (and dinner, as it turned out). It takes a little while to readjust to these rather more normal sorts of weekends. 

So we got to check out the art union houses we've purchased tickets in (and we shall win, of course) and had lunch at one of her favourite restaurants by the Broadwater which was fine by me since it got me back to where my photography started (as I believe I have mentioned previously dear reader...) : the Broadwater, taking pictures of the birds. 

And they flew in, in perfect formation just as we went outside after lunch...

Perfect

Form

Spiralling in

Mission ahead

Coming in

All the pelicans, making their way in. Under the all seeing, all knowing eye of Jonathon Livingston...

Seen it all


It was a very lovely day.

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 70-300mm, 2.20pm-2.21pm]