Monday 21 December 2015

Day 355 2015: Further explorations of the Bay...

Day 355: ...and a touch crabby about it

Aah, how quickly does the medical treatment time come around. The only good thing about it really (given one would rather not need it) is that it means I can plan an hour or so by the Bay (since it is close by), to rest before the drive home. And today it was needed given a slight post-op mishap. Only slight. I'll blame the heat. 

Anyway, today I planned to go out to Cleveland Point where I found a lighthouse, a remnant of the 19th century (and an old courthouse too, fascinating). In my early adult learner community band life, back in the day, I travelled out to Cleveland two or three nights a week to each of the band rehearsals and despite playing all around the town, indoors and out, we never got quite as far as the Point. 

And it was a lovely day...and an excellent view...and crabs, little crabs all over: 

Coming out

Time for a dip

Scamper, in the suffragette colours of purple and green

Tree(s), at low tide

Point, with a view

The original lighthouse

Lighthouse, detail 1

Lighthouse, detail 2

Point with a view, to a point

Three decades living in Brisbane and I learnt a lot today about Brisbane, indeed, Cleveland's early history. I should get out more. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 70-300mm, 11.07am-11.39am]