Sunday 27 December 2015

Day 360 2015: Boxing Day...

Day 360: ...I'm sure there's a reason...

(...I just don't really know why.)

Boxing Day, the day after Christmas Day. And yes, this time last year, like yesterday last year, was spent in the archives in Tokyo, in winter. Today, by contrast, was spent at my mother's place on the Gold Coast. Summer. Very summer. And fortunately mum has a pool.

Driving home from the SunCoast last night, I missed the full moon rising but luckily caught this morning as I woke up, just outside the bedroom window. 

A setting moon, through a window

There is something quite extraordinary about capturing the moon setting as the sun is rising. 

And then later in the day, the full Gold Coast: blue sky, palm trees, from the pool. 

How very GC


There's all sorts of reasons about how and why Boxing Day came to be. I think the day I had today, just a relaxing, slow sort of non-day, was just what it was meant to be. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 70-300mm, 4.48am, 1.49pm]