Thursday 14 January 2016

Day 14 2016: Pelicans in the morning...

Day 14: ...pelicans, pelicans, pelicans

When I left you yesterday, I was on my way to my aunt's. This morning, I was on the way back from my aunt's to work, via Golden Beach. Why, you ask? Well, as a 'photographer' of sorts, with a partially scientifically-inclined brain, I like to capture photographs of similar subjects where the conditions have changed. Even when the subject is the same, the lighting can make it look very different. 

It was a stunning morning this morning. One of our classic Queensland clear, sunny kind of mornings. I had to go past the very place I had been the night before, so, I wondered, how do pelicans photograph in the early morning light...

Well, here they are, in a different light: 

Morning calm

Yep, here, just like yesterday

Yep, take off, just like yesterday

Pelican acrobatics...the wing beneath my wind feet

Glider

Formation

Eh? What did I miss?

And then there was one


...although in flight mode. And there is a sufficient enough difference to make the exercise worthwhile. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 70-300mm, 8.48am-8.55am, 14 January 2016]