Thursday 7 January 2016

Day 7 2016: Walk this way...

Day 7: ...almost time to duck off

We have a lot of ducks on campus. I've introduced the very very protective parents of one and the rather busy parents of the flock of 14 or 15 ducklets (which continue to thrive, by the way, I saw them from afar today). 

Yesterday, I saw some I hadn't seen before but didn't have my camera on me...today they were back, and I did indeed follow them, all the way through the car park. They're plumed whistling ducks apparently, though I didn't hear them whistle very much. 

It's on, watch it Willy...

...or, off...

Walk this way: left...

...right...

Erm, where were we?

Now, just follow me...

Oh, I want to hide...

Striking out


I also met another photographer around the lakes who has told me of another little spot nearby. Ducks, dragonflies, swans, lilies on the pond...be afraid, dear reader, be very afraid...I amy not capture all 108 different bird species on campus, but I'm not quite finished just yet. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 70-300mm, 5.59pm-6.04pm, 7 January 2016]