Wednesday 3 February 2016

Day 34 2016: Painting with clouds...

Day 34: ...from a distance

Another warmish day today in Brisbane, differently warm from yesterday's warm, but a late storm was possible. But before that...

I had instrument business to attend to. Along with the move, I've opted to sell a number of my instruments rather than store them for five years or take them to Tokyo. It is hard to part with them but it is for the best as they say. So I am in the process of selling, servicing, delivering, collecting, all those sorts of things. 

Hot work to be done, on a hot day. 

Made decidedly worse by a diesel spill on the freeway, just as I had to make my way across town. Timing...

On my return home, I decided today's pix might come from Mt Gravatt Lookout (I briefly considered Mt Coot-tha, briefly), on sunset. 

No sunset as such, but rain instead. Painting by numbers, painting by clouds...


Clouds in a distance

That line of traffic on the left at 6.00pm is the backlog from 3.00pm

As sunset as we got today

Cometh the rain from the southeast

Not quite so to the north

Briz city

Clouds to the Bay



Best to get down the mountain before the lightning starts, but a different view, different light. It's a good, under-rated spot. 


[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 70-300mm, 6.00am-6.18am, 3 February 2016]