Saturday 6 February 2016

Day 37 2016: An early start, and rest...

Day 37: ...is but a Quartet in time

Yes, a little wordplay there...I was up early you see, very early. About 1.15am in fact to make preparations for a virtual reading group I meet with once a month. It happens at 11.00am New York time, on a Friday morning...the rest of us just have to adjust our sets appropriately. It is well worth it. 

And the theory would go that an early get up and at it might demand an easier day, to catch up on rest, for example. And yet...

Play season has recommenced. And I am trying my darnedest to squeeze in a couple of shows before I go. Today was 'Quartet', four retired opera singers in a facility for old retired opera singers...and other musicians. (Sounds like my sort of place, eventually.)

Anyway, with a rainy day as well, it didn't offer much in the way of pics, until I chanced upon the sculptures around the Art Gallery and I became intrigued, photographically-speaking of course dear reader, with how the dull conditions might play a little with the colour. 


Through the leaves

Blue : abstract

A sculpture, of sorts

Moving through, captured moment

Pelicans : at rest


We're used to seeing these views with a typically Brisbane blue sky, but it is summer, and sometimes, just sometimes, we get a typically grey and wet sky, most of the rest of the time. 

Interesting result, just like the play.

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 5.58pm-6.08pm, 6 February 2016]