Tuesday 9 February 2016

Day 40 2016: Train trip to Cleveland

Day 40: ...and I found a seagull

When errands are to be done, in this case, new car tyres, there is the question of do I wait in the waiting room for x number of hours while they are fitted...or jump on the nearby train to a distant shore?

Well, since I have done the 'wait in the waiting room for x number of hours' previously, I opted for the hop on a train to a distant shore. How far could it be? How long will it take?  What will I find at the end of the rainbow track? 

In a few weeks time, my main form of transport will be the Tokyo metro train network--three trains to work, three trains home, generally. I thought I should explore parts of the Brisbane train network I've not ridden. So, to Cleveland I headed. Or Manly, or Lota, or Wynnum.

In the end, I settled on Manly. The walk from the station to the water was 'just' 770m and a pleasant one at that. It was a different way to see the water, I usually drive, so walking offered another perspective on, well, the water...


Full to overflowing...

Time passed : time stood still

Flight

Different flight

Wings down, headwind ahead

Mast-erly

Found : seagull


And I found a seagull or three. (See Day 39)

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 70-300mm, 10.29am-11.19am, 9 February 2016]