Wednesday 10 February 2016

Day 41 2016: Another round of fish and chips...

Day 41: ...and one last look at Moffat (for a while)

I walked out of my office for the last time at the end of January. It brought to an end thirteen years of commuting up and down the Bruce Highway, 200km round trip at least four days out of five, and occasional weekends. There are lots of good reasons why that has come to an end but there are a few things I will miss, and that is the beach, specifically, Moffat Beach where I have spent quite a bit of time over the years. 

Today I headed up to have lunch with my colleagues, at our preferred fish and chippery at Mooloolaba. On the way home, I took one last trip to Moffat...

I've been reading about increasing numbers of writers and thinkers who must seek to actually put some 'space time' in their day, to thing, to wonder, indeed to wander a bit. I was thinking about that today as I walked along the beach. I'll have to find myself a park or similar in Tokyo. (I will be heading to the seaside south of Tokyo quite regularly though...). 

So I beg your indulgence a little as I post a few collected pics of Moffat moments today. There were lots of stones and pebbles, seaweed and the rest along the sand...and a few of the usual sights too. 

Coral landing

Stone

stone : shadow

pebble : grass : drop

red pebble

sand patterns

sea/weed : sea/shell

Shaggers

scale : ship to surfer

crabby

striding out

All I've left behind...

So that's likely to be it for Moffat and all the SunCoast beaches for a while as time ticks down.  But I'll find my thinking, wandering, wondering place in Tokyo, there are actually plenty of places. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 75-300mm, 3.59pm-4.31pm, 10 February 2016]