Saturday 13 February 2016

Day 44 2016: En pointe...

Day 44: ...Cleveland Point, for a breather

I am being overrun by bags, cartons, suitcases, papers, clothes, all the wares: kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, etc, as I make all the necessary preparations for The Move. Some days, you feel like you're chipping away at a granite block, other days it seems like...like 'sands through the hourglass'...

Thus, there comes a point in the day where one must breakout and go. Somewhere. Anywhere. So I did. Thirty minutes east, to Cleveland Point. I've come to be quite taken by this little piece of Brisbane, er, Redlands, shoreline and I figured there would surely be sights to see. 

And I was right. 

Low tide

Rock hopping

Pining for the lighthouse

Gulls all in a row (not related to rocks below) ...

Rocks all in a row... (not related to gulls above)

Mangroves : rock

Seagull, meet lighthouse; lighthouse : gull

Clouds in the glass

Sepia-like, actual picture in the sunset light (no filter, no edit)

Flying close to the setting sun

Three sources of light

And on sunset, I've learned to always 'look east' for the colour

And then, the moon



It was very nice. There really is something in that notion I've been reading about, to stop for a few moments each day, and wander and wonder. It is a habit I think I will be certain to make. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 75-300mm, 5.32pm-6.43pm, 13 February 2016]