Monday 15 February 2016

Day 46 2016: There's cricket...

Day 46: ...right before my eyes

***Lots of sportz pix ahead***

I do enjoy my cricket, by which I generally mean the red ball version. I've attended one-dayers, but I've not yet managed a T20. I'm not sure I'm up for the razzamatazz, I just like my cricket. 

Like the version you get during the Sheffield Shield here in Australia, the interstate competition. You used to get a number of national players playing in the state teams too, but now they're off playing tests somewhere, elsewhere, all the time. 

Still, I try to get to a session or two of the Shield, just to support the players. This is first class cricket after all. (Trouble is, I think my vigoro competition used to get larger crowds on a Saturday afternoon.) The best you could say is it is a *appreciative* crowd, polite applause as required, cricket as it was *meant* to be. 

Plus, let's face it: photo opportunities...

Bowler, take off

Fielded

Bowled

Batted

Lights (in the camera)

Craning for a look

Tending the pitch

Bowling flight

To the boundary

F-O-U-R

Helmet

Come in spinner

Boundary rope

Lone player in the spot sunlight

Patterns

Strolling in

End of the session, well done Queensland


My earliest incarnation as a human with a camera included lots of 'sports' shots, it was once a direction I thought I might travel career-wise. There was once a one-day game between Australia and West Indies which I watched through a lens and six rolls of 36 exposure film (yes, a long time ago).  

There is something of a challenge photographically to capture a moment frozen in time in sporting shots...I don't mind practising time and again, it is a nice way to spend an afternoon. 

Sheffield Shield match, day/night, day 2, Queensland at home to the Tasmanians

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 75-700mm, 3.01pm-5.55pm, 15 February 2016]