Wednesday 17 February 2016

Day 48 2016: Scenes at a beach...

Day 48: ...unexpected

I did think last Wednesday might have been my last day at the beach for a while. But, as they say, never say never. Ever. 

I offered to give a friend a lift up to the Coast today. secretly, I knew it meant a further sneak peek at the beach. I jumped at the chance. There will be beach-type views near Tokyo, but nothing quite like the Coast. Off I went, happily. 

I'd heard rumours that parts of the recently removed remnants of the wreck of the SS Dicky had begun to re-emerge from the sand...that is, the parts of the wreck they apparently didn't move... Off I went, happily. 

I didn't see any remnants but there was a pretty perfect blue sky day, even if the waves were a bit messy. 

Looking up : blue sky

Sailing : takes me away

Actually, I'm an old boardie

Driftwood

Breaker 1

Cutting it

Lapping the shoreline

Never miss a chance to spend time, even five minutes, on the beach.

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 75-300mm, 1.45pm-1.50pm, 17 February 2016]