Thursday 18 February 2016

Day 49 2016: Whistle while you work...

Day 49: ...then, eat

The room. That room. The room that had to be tackled. The room formerly known as the study and/or home office. Whoa. So much sorting. So much tossing. So much...

But I got through it. Eventually. Some things have been there for the two or so decades I've been in the house. Some things back-tracked to my life in another place...including a few copies of this little local throwaway from my days as a postgraduate in Tokyo (c.1989). It's all about how and why I've become such an engaged citizen in my local suburb of Itabashi. 

The things you find...
I'm headed back there next month. 

And then there were a couple of breaks during the day. I'll be drawn away from any activity that involves the call of the butcher bird. This one was particularly on song...

Sing...

Sing a sooonnng....

...and on balance. 

Sing out loouud... oops

 And then after trip number one in a series to the tip to dispose of decades of detritus, the neighbours' palm presented its fruit to the the loris...who love it.

I see what you're doing there


So, let me...

On guard...


And we love it. It is just another example of the wonders of the backyard in Brisbane. Marvellous. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 75-300mm, 1.06pm, 5.38-5.39pm, 18 February 2016]