Friday 19 February 2016

Day 50 2016: BrisAsia: Asia in Brisbane...

Day 50: ...for a Brisbanite heading to Asia

If yesterday was about breaking the back of the packing, today was the 'reward' whereupon I begin to make preparation for all the telephone, banking, medical, electricity ... etc tie-ups. Complex. I hope I can remember all the things. 

[Patience rewarded with Pancake Manor Pancakes...just small ones.]

Later in the afternoon, I took the opportunity to continue into the city to check out the BrisAsia Festival, yes, partly because 612ABC was broadcasting live from there, and partly because, well, Asia. It's an occupational hazard... 

And there was food. And there was entertainment. And there was discussion about cheffing. All very interesting. 

There was dancing...

And exotic monkeys

Passionate discussion about the virtues of yakitori

'Grandma' flips the bowl

Monkey-spotting...spotted

Stilted exotica 1

Stilted exotica 2

Lanterns

Local radio station

Monkeys monkeying about...

All good


There really is a growing Asian feel to Brisbane, compared with when I started my Asian Studies degree 35 some years ago. And now I'm off for another few years...BrisAsia, sounds like the perfect combination to me. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 75-300mm, 4.47pm-5.56pm, 19 February 2016]