Sunday 21 February 2016

Day 52 2016: The march of the flies...

Day 52: ...as time flies...

It took all day to get up the courage to actually write that as the title of today's blog. The puniest punning title I've written (since at least last week).

But yes indeed, my fascination with my camera as my substitute bug-catcher never ceases. I have previously noted that as a child with a curiosity driven by the outdoors and natural sciences, and one of those bug-catcher devices in hand (no apps, no moving parts, just the simple dexterity of catching a butterfly in a plastic container by snapping the lid shut) I used to capture all manner of living creatures. 

I find the camera allows for the same effect, without the worry of asphyxiating said insect. Creep up, hold breath, snap! And if you are lucky then you can flick through the images and crop as required. 

But it was the sun on the new shoot that first caught my eye, as it unfurls slowly--red, to green, to...what comes next?

Sunlight

Light and shade

 And then, the fly, march or crane, I'm never too sure, but they are big enough (and, some might say, ugly enough) to capture without the worry of snapping lids shut. 


Landed

Winging it

Both reminded me that time is marching on and one must get cracking to meet the major work requirements...

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 75-300mm, 28-80mm, 7.34am, 2.34pm (precisely seven hours between pics), 21 February 2016]