Saturday 27 February 2016

Day 58 2016: Just passing, thought we'd...

Day 58: ...stir you up

As often happens on a quiet Saturday arvo in the backyard, someone always turns up unexpected. 

OK, much of the sentence is untrue and verging on urban myth. I don't normally have 'quiet Saturday arvos', when I do, they're rare. And my 'arvo' today was caught between preparations for the removalling and a play at 1.00pm followed thereafter by an orchestral concert at 7.30pm.

That really just gave me five minutes, literally, to duck outside to see what the loris were on about. Usually it is the noisy miners that get fired up but this moment was the loris turn. 

I thought they were simply demanding a replenishing of the birdbath...

Can't even dip my tail feather here

Oi! Water...wait
And then I saw them, the scaly-breasted greenies...


Mwhaha
Now these guys barely come up to the loris' wing-pit in size, but somehow, size matters. When these little greenies are around, the hierarchy of the garden changes dramatically and these guys come out on top. 

And typically, they don't do anything but just sit and own the place...



Master of the domain

Yeah? And...?
...and watch, and stir. 

Even the miners move on.

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 75-300mm, 5.06pm-5.11pm, 27 February 2016]