Monday 29 February 2016

Day 60 2016: Leaping around...

Day 60: ...without even realising it

A leap year. It is here. Today. I should be doing something significant, memorable. But no. It is more of the same. Packing, cleaning, assessing the weather: do those clouds contain rain? Can I safely oil the deck?...these are the things that focus me at the moment. 

The veranda is prepared for the oiling tomorrow morning...I am taking a risk with the rain. The front courtyard gets done too...nothing if not ambitious.

I did have a few spare moments where I popped outside to breathe in the air (and check those clouds). 

The lori was back, not leaping, crawling. 

Never mind the leaping...
And something red caught my eye, again.
 
Shine

And later into the evening as the sun was setting, something pink caught my eye...

Strong against the heat of the day
And one leaf caught on the deck, stood defiantly. 
 
Defiant
I am determined that, in spite of all ahead, I too shall be here determinedly to the end...and it will be all over and done, pleased I have the extra day. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 75-300mm, 9.24am, 9.26am; 6.25pm, 6.28pm, 29 February 2016]