Wednesday 9 March 2016

Day 69 2016: A flash of colour...

Day 69: ...literally, on an otherwise grey day

...whereupon, the packing, waiting, clearing continues. 

I was supposed to wake up at my mother's house this morning. That was the plan, a week or so with mum before I go away. But no, no joy from the tradespeople yesterday meant another wait for their decision on when they might come and do the work requested of them some two weeks ago ('we can be there today', or somesuch, is their motto). 

They might come today. So I waited for their call, supposedly after 6.30am. But it was raining. The 6.30am call came at 8.45am, they can be here...

...tomorrow at 7.00am. 

Now, given my mother is on the coast, and neither of us have any desire to be up to get through the south coast traffic at that hour, it is another day here, in an almost empty house, living on whatever I can from the supermarket that doesn't require crockery (which is now all packed). 

And so it rained. 

But at least rain means the lorikeets. 

Cheeky

Three little lorikeets all in a row

Cheeky continues to be cheeky

Whoa, flash! Ah-aaah...

'Enough, be off with you and your camera'


And three quite nicely perched on the (freshly oiled) veranda. I used a little bit of filler flash to counteract the dim light, but I didn't mean to disturb them too much. 

A flash of colour, literally, in a dull old day. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 10.43am-10.44am, 9 March 2016]