Saturday 19 March 2016

Day 74 2016: Cutting it fine...

Day 74: ...in more ways than one

And so in ways it wasn't supposed to be...it was back to Brisbane, to my place to oversee work that should have been finished a few weeks ago but excuses...

Worst thing is, it is hardly the way to spend mum's birthday, it wasn't in the plan it must be said. I leave tomorrow after all, there are many other things we should be doing together.

Instead, mum was overseeing the internal works while I worked outside mowing the lawn, doing the whipper-snippering, tidying as much as tidy could be. 

In the interim, I had some final banking and other matters to attend to and what should have been a chance to pop up to Garden City together, turned out to be me dashing up on the bus in between all the tradeswork being done, with mum in the supervisory position. which is a good thing, she's very good at that sort of thing. Kind of worked out well in a way really. 

And the best part of the day was that in the end I was able to introduce her to my local florist and artist, Lesley at Fleur de Passion. I've bought flowers there for ages and also some of Lesley's art as well. It was a bit of a special birthday 'presence' in its own way. 

lily

lily 2


And in the evening, a rare dinner with much of the family before the big uplift tomorrow...

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 50mm, 5.34pm-5.35pm, 14 March 2016]