Saturday 19 March 2016

Day 76 2016: Made it!

Day 76: ...for the second time

Yes, I spoke of 'making it' last week to mum's, finally. Today I finally arrived in Tokyo ready to start this new phase. I am still feeling very privileged for this opportunity. It is like a renewal of sorts. 

Mind you, it still feels a little like I'm on one of my annual research trips though receiving my resident's card at the airport was a little different from the usual entry stamp. 

So, I'm here. 

I'm fortunate to have been invited to stay with my friends as I usually do. Sadly, the house feels a little bereft since the death of my friend a year ago. But we'll manage I guess. 

I was taken by the light and shape of the hotel foyer where I waited for my friends to arrive this morning.

Foyer ornament

Mezzanine


So it is now about settling in, getting ready for the new semester and looking forward to many new adventures as an academic in Tokyo and surrounds. It might even bring on a renewed will to write. (Who am I kidding... I can't wait.)

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 50mm, 8.50am, 16 March 2016]