Saturday 19 March 2016

Day 77 2016: Getting registered...

Day 77: ...settling in

Things to do. I had originally planned to go to my new university today but advice from the workplace was that it was graduation day so the place would be pretty chaotic in that graduation ceremony orderly way. I look forward to next year. 

One of the things a new resident must do is register with the local government office. Hardly ever the radical, I opted to do this today, mainly to get it out of the way. They catch up with you eventually if you don't. The local office is a bit of a walk and a few train stations away and a task that should take just a few minutes, well, in true Japanese bureaucratic style, took a couple of hours. 

When I was asked was it the first time I had lived in Itabashi and I said no, third time actually, I think the staffer was a little surprised. I didn't want to tell her that she probably wasn't born the first time I lived here...I don't think I wanted to think about that either! First time around I had to submit to a fingerprint record, these days that's not necessary. It took over ninety minutes to receive my card with my address handwritten painstakingly on the back. Beautiful penmanship is all I can say. 

The, back home, to rest and recover...

Yosh, the head of the household, is something of a gardener in his post-work life. At the moment, we're just awaiting the blossoming of the cherry blossoms, next week we expect. 

In the meantime, the camelias are doing their best as a preview to the main show...


Camelia in the shade

Bursting to go

Softly, softly


There'll be a few pics from Yosh's garden, flora and fauna from the backyard. At least that will remain a constant between my old and new lives...

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 50mm, 4.08pm-4.10pm, 17 March 2016]