Monday 21 March 2016

Day 80 2016: How excitement...

Day 80: ...well, for me at least

I'm actually waiting a little impatiently to get started at the new job. Although it is not officially until 1 April (yes, that is the start date of the Japanese working/academic/financial year), I can visit the campus later this week once my office has been made available. (That will be Wednesday.)

In the meantime, I'm working on a little class preparation ahead of time and to that end, ordered some texts on Friday, they came in Saturday and I picked them up today. How excitement is that? OK, perhaps just for me. 

All the texts, all the politics
 I also engaged with my first group of peace protesters at the train station (for research purposes of course) and I will try and attend a recent movie about Okinawa. It is a good way to become active in the local community (for research purposes of course). 

Saving Okinawa

We also had a visit from my friend's younger sister and out of one of the drawers, she discovered an unused Japanese housecoat (a hanten), made by her grandmother many year's ago. Makko-san insisted that Jinko would like me to have it. It is an absolute treasure, handmade and in beautiful style. I will look after this one. 



Handmade treasure

 
A lovely dinner at a favourite sushi restaurant (where else) and we farewelled Makko-san, and I got stuck into my books. 

I am excited. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 6.19pm-6.20pm, 20 March 2016]