Wednesday 23 March 2016

Day 82 2016: Take the long way home...

Day 82: ...by the light of the moon

A day today to work mostly inside, reading through all the papers for the new job ready for when I visit the office tomorrow. The usual material for new academic staff: the do-s and don't-s (and in this era of academic freedom, more don't-s), the course schedule, banking details, transport costs...all the things. 

And then later in the day I went to catch up with a friend and colleague downtown. 

It meant a bit of a late return home, and of course, learning something new: while I had managed the bus from home to the station, I hadn't yet had to get from the station to home by bus...that took a little working out. 

Eventually I got on the right bus and arrived at my stop next to this park...

Branch out

Reflectable

Eat the moon


...a children's playground in fact, but, given the sight of the sculpture by the light of the moon...I'm not sure it's a place kids would play at night...even by the light of the full moon.


[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 7.32pm-7.33pm, 22 March 2016]