Tuesday 19 April 2016

Day 107 2016: I could be drumming...

Day 107: ...or...

Yes, Saturday. I could be doing a lot of things or choosing to stay home and rest a little. I chose the latter. I have found a local drumming group which I plan to join. They were participating in a showcase concert a couple of stops up the train track which perhaps I should have gone to...but I have tomorrow to think about. A long trip to western Tokyo, the other campus, to hear the Principal of the university (kind of like the Chancellor if you will), give the opening Sunday Lecture...

One has to make choices.

It has also been a day to watch the earthquake disaster unfold down south. Earthquakes are a constant here in Japan of course and there is a bit of a sense of 'there but for the grace of the gods...' when a big one strikes, elsewhere. The tv coverage has been constant.

So, at a point a little later in the day, time to go out into the garden...


The plum trees bloom just before the cherry trees, then you get...plums

Fresh as an azalea

Pining


We needed a moment to pause and reflect today.

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 4.22pm-4.23pm, 16 April 2016]