Sunday 24 April 2016

Day 114 2016: If it's Saturday...

Day 114: ...it must be seminar time

If I'm not careful, I could quite easily spend all my 'spare time' here in Tokyo at seminars and symposiums and the like every weekend and just about four out of five nights of the working week. Trouble is, these are seminars that a relevant to my research or my teaching, or both. It is one of those areas where educators have difficulty distinguishing between work and play and is the bane of those trying to formulate workload formulae...but that is for the other blog. 

Rather, in the way these things work, I attended today's seminar as a result of attending the Sunday seminar a couple of weeks ago on a similar topic and so it goes...



Women in politics

Political women (and one male politics professor)


It was an interesting afternoon, I met some interesting people, I was asked to stand and offer some comments (in Japanese) and some people there kindly recognised me from the Sunday seminar a couple of weeks ago...looks like a few people have trouble with this work/leisure distinction...

Then, I had dinner...


Tonkatsu


Then it was home. To think about what I had heard and how I will add that to my work...

Such is the academic life. 

[Camera : iPhone 6S, 1.17pm, 2.21pm, 7.41pm, 23 April 2016]