Friday 1 April 2016

Day 91 2016: There's a dock on the bay...

Day 91: ...where I might be sitting, watching the time roll away

My office is done, everything I can do is now in their place and almost every place has its things. I'm still to get a computer and a couple of pieces of work equipment, but that will happen on Friday. Or Monday. Perhaps.

Orderly, for now

Some touches of home


All ordered nicely according to teaching and research preoccupations, oh yes, and perhaps one or two other things for decorative purposes...

Lunch today was a perambulation: straight ahead. I've been a little intrigued by what looks like a confected church-like building and a recreation of an imagined cobblestone village on the outskirts of Paris which I can see from my office window.

I went to investigate. 

Indeed, it is a confected church, and a recreation of an imagined cobblestone village on the outskirts of Paris, disguised as quite an elaborate wedding and bridal centre. Indeed. 

I walked right on through...

...until, I crossed a couple of roads and reached the dock, on the bay. And just like the old song says, I reckon I can find myself sitting here watching the lunch time roll away.

I even spotted a seagull or two. But right now, it is cherry blossom time, even here, by the bay.

Rows and rows

Handy to know

The Nippon Maru, at dock

The cherry blossom and the roof structure

The pink and the white

Another angle on our wheel

Light, shade and pink

Just asking to be taken

I spy...

...and then, off!


I'm still pinching myself sometimes. It is quite an amazing environment. And I receive my official pass of approval tomorrow.

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 18-55mm, 10.12am-10.14am; 1.17pm-1.46pm, 31 March 2016]