Saturday 2 April 2016

Day 92 2016: A new beginning...

Day 92: ...no fooling anyone

Interesting thing about 1 April in Japan is that it is the 'beginning' of the financial, school, work year. If newspapers want to change their layout or TV stations want to change their programming, then it is usually done on 1 April...you couldn't really get away with that in Australia now could you, no fools here...

And so it was today that I was formally, very formally, inducted into my new workplace, along with about 30 others, two of whom, like me, were joining the Department of Political Science. 

It was a full day of induction, introduction, and orientation. I had to be there by 8.45am which meant leaving home about 6.45am and of course, in (nervous) anticipation, I woke up at 3.45am...

We finished at 5.00pm, by which time, well, I was pretty tired. As it happened, the university took the 1 April chance to unveil its new branding, which I quite like...colourful, meaningful, just like the wheel on sunset...

Lights, camera...colour

Out with the old, in with the new: from USC to MU


It was a big day, a big event but there's no fooling anyone, the real work starts on Monday.

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 6.00pm, 10.20pm, 1 April 2016]