Thursday 7 April 2016

Day 98 2016: To the 'other' campus...

Day 98: ...the introductions continue...

Today could have been a lovely day to go and explore the 'other' campus of my university, the original one in the western suburbs of Tokyo where it all started in 1924. Unfortunately, the rain put a stop to that. It is bad enough to have to navigate the Tokyo train system in the wet without having to worry about a camera as well.

Still, it is a lovely campus (the bits I saw) and I look forward to getting back there soon. I'm not teaching on that campus this year but there will be times when I'll be expected to go there. Hopefully the weather will be kinder.

Today it was orientation for the first year students in the political science department and we were all asked to introduced ourselves. Yes, a long trip for 2-3 minutes but in the end, it is important to do so.

Back home and I went to the local park...wet weather and cherry blossom petals might offer another opportunity. Raindrops on petals...what's not to like?

I also wanted to check the new camera disk...we've some important business coming up in the next day or two and I wanted to make sure everything is working properly.

It is. And I promise, these are new pics of different blossoms...


Sticking to the trunk

Still probably my favourite view

Reaching up

Late bloomers

Raindrop on petal on leaf

Carpet underlay

The weight of a raindrop

Reflected in the rain


...just in case your think I'm putting up repeat pics...I couldn't possibly do that. There really are this many opportunities for blossom pics.

Tomorrow, it is time to go up-country, Nagano. Will report back soon.


[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 5.18pm-5.25pm, 7 April 2016]