Sunday 1 May 2016

Day 122 2016: Seeing old faves...

Day 122: ...in a new way

Some things I knew I was going to miss in moving to Tokyo include my regular attendance around Brisbane performing arts venues. Plays, concerts, all those things. I did, however, resolve to explore a lot more of Tokyo's performing arts than I had time for previously. 

Having ticked off my first orchestral concert a few weeks ago, today, at the invitation of a friend, I went to see a form of comic theatre called 'kyogen'. Now, comedy is tricky to translate across cultures but I thought I'd give it a go anyway. 

And I did.

Comedic theatre: the four seasons
And I surprisingly got more out of it than I expected. I actually laughed in quite a few places and mostly the right ones. Very exciting. I think there shall be more.

On the way home, it was time to buy more office supplies at the sort of shop you walk into knowing you want one thing and then realise quickly it is one of those shops full of everything you didn't even know you needed...

All I wanted was a pen


And home, with a bit of a sunset for the birds.

Sunset

A very interesting and reassuringly ordinary sort of day.

[Camera : iPhone 6S, 6.18pm, 8.27pm, 10.1pm, 1 May 2106; 
precisely one-third of the way through this year's project]