Monday 2 May 2016

Day 123 2016: If marching on your stomach counts...

Day 123: ...then I marched a long way today

I have been a regular attendee at Labour Day marches for many years now. It has always been important for me to recognise and respect of those who struggled before us to get us working conditions and safe work environments. And I'm conscious too that we need to keep fighting the good fight...Today, however, I am 7,000km away. So I could only but send thoughts and best wishes.

Instead, here in Tokyo today, I spent much of the day, a solid eight hours of work as it happens, creating a photo album of memories of our friend's recent ceremony. It is all online and I've not made one before though it was our friend's complete and total hobby. Photos seemed secondary to how they were going to look in an album...hers are big footsteps to follow.

Anyway, apart from spending most of the day at an instore computer creating this memento, all that was left was to have lunch... 

Lunch was a sashimi deal


...then get to work. Once it was done, we had to wait just 30 minutes for it to be printed...which we did in the best way we could...

Share plate of Hokkaido specialities

Crab

Atmosphere

So I mightn't have managed to march this year but I certainly ate the equivalent. And as always, I appreciated the work of those who got us to this point...

[Camera : iPhone 6S, 1.35pm, 8.54pm, 8.58pm, 9.22pm; 2 May 2016]