Saturday 14 May 2016

Day 134 2016: Blue sky day, rinse, repeat...

Day 134: ...yes, definitely, thank you.

I have to give it to the Oz Bureau of Meteorology, especially the team I used to listen to on the radio at home, they get it pretty right every time. Japan, for some reason, seems a little less accurate. Not much difference but just enough.

Today, for instance, started cloudy, with a forecast top of 23deg. OK, likely to be cool by the Bay for work...dress accordingly.

Turned out, it was as warm as yesterday, closer to 26-27deg mark but a bonus extra blue sky just like yesterday. So no complaints, really, except I dressed for cooler weather...a tad uncomfortable.

Friday is turning into one of two days at work I can devote to reading and research (until next term when I'll have a class--reading a text I want to read for my research anyway), so it was nice at the end of the day to get out and take in the fresh air an blue sky, all over again. 

I took the big cam with me today, with just the 50mm lens for a bit of a challenge, photographically-speaking (makes you frame quite differently without the zoom). And I turned right at the front gate rather than my usual left, closer to the wheel.

Perfect day

Objet de interest
 And, I caught my first butterfly...(though the 50mm was a bit limiting here).

A very fast-moving butterfly

Poppies in the sun

Wheely fabulous afternoon


What a glorious way to wheel in the weekend. Now, to rest, or read and rest, and wash and clean, rinse, rinse...isn't that why we have weekends?

[Camera : iPhone 6S, 4.22pm; Canon EOS60D, 50mm, 4.12pm-4.33pm; 13 May 2016]