Sunday 15 May 2016

Day 135 2016: Just a day to ...

Day 135: ...be calm, and drink coffee

There comes a time when one just has to take the plunge, breathe deeply and just jump. Today, after much procrastination research, I had to shell out much cash to replace my long-time, hardworking laptop with its newer generation. Six and a bit years is not bad in laptop-speak these days and the price has come down quite remarkably since I bought my first desktop (in the same week, I bought my car (secondhand), the desktop setup cost more than the car...priorities! Though both that car and the desktop lasted 12 years).

But I digress. There's never a good time to buy a new laptop...like new cars, they are practically obsolete once you walk out the door. Anyway, I now have one and it is sitting over there in its box for now.

So, today was really a day for looking to the skies, which was just as well I did. It looked lovely, calm, a light covering of wispy cloud as I waited for the bus...

Subtle

 ...and post-transaction, with heavy parcel and lighter wallet, I needed a coffee, at a coffee shop I frequent at the train station...this: a coffee 'smoothie'...


Smooth-ie

Though it was more like a famous Japanese parfait sans cream and cornflakes (true, I'll suffer one of those for you one day, dear reader, for research purposes only, of course).

And walking home, a peek over the neighbour's fence revealed these flowers...


Flowers with roof


They're a bit sakura-like, a bit hydrangea...I must find out what they are.

Now, to unpack that box. At least buying the next camera lens or two won't seem quite so hard.

[Camera : iPhone 6S, 3.04pm, 4.34pm, 5.55pm, 14 May 2016]