Monday 23 May 2016

Day 140 2016: Long day ahead...

Day 140: ...classes and meetings, on into the night

Ah, how quickly the week comes around. And still clear blue skies. Lovely. At least, that's what I have to remind myself with a 11 hour-day ahead. You see, it is not just the classes I have to prepare and teach today but also our monthly staff meetings in the afternoon and into the evening. 

I must say though, I do like the way we have the Faculty meeting and then the Department meeting one after the other. Yes, it might mean a late night, but let's face it, getting the meetings all over and done with in one go is a pretty good idea. 

And in the meantime, I have the view...

 
The approach to work


Working harbour: tugs and trains

The harbour is stil working; and we're still working

On the way home (moon over Tokyo Big Sight)


 In the end, the meetings weren't too bad (though if we'd finished just ten minutes earlier, I could have had some pics of the fireworks going off, literally, over the Bay (not in the meeting, of course). We figured they must have been doing a trial run for something. So, not only marvellous views, but spectacular fireworks to end the day. 

Oh, yes, some are lucky enough to call this work...

[Camera  : iPhone 6S, 8.34am, 9.18am, 4.41pm, 7.55pm; 19 May 2016]