Monday 23 May 2016

Day 144 2016: It started with the moon

Day 144: ...and ended with the moon

What sort of day might that have been then? Well, I'm not sure really. Following a weekend full of work commitments, this morning I gave myself the 'luxury' of a slightly later departure so I could do the usual weekend things on a Monday morning, like washing...yes indeed, the life of an expat is an exotic one. 

The day started with this this morning at 4.44am...

Waking up to a setting moon
...and included glimpses of life by a busy working port.


Azaleas: a second wave

Trains 'n' boats 'n' things

Boats 'n' planes 'n' things

I did wonder briefly, dear reader, whether or not the regular pics of the port might be now a little, shall we say, tedious...but then I thought, but wait! At my previous workplace I did take pictures of the same lake and the same beach quite often, so...

...the views of a working port, with so much activity, can't be too bad can they. Can they?

And just now, as if to neatly bookend the day, the moon came round the corner again and peeked through the window. 

End of the day, into the night, until the morning

I took it as a sign...a sign of a long day. Time to get ready for tomorrow.

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 4.44am, 9.45pm; iPhone 6S, 10.14pm, 5.04-5.05pm; 23 May 2016]