Tuesday 24 May 2016

Day 145 2016: It's an early start...

Day 145: ...for the hydrangeas

Well, just about every day is an early start for me and today, after yesterday's slightly delayed start, it was back to the usual 6.40am out the door effort. 

There's always something to see on the road to work, no matter what the time. And there's always plenty going on when I get there...well, OK, all the work at the port. Today it just seemed constant. 

At the end of the day I went to the park near the uni, just for a revisit. I'm glad I did...the hydrangeas are starting to show their colours and unlike home, they come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and colours. Wait until the season proper starts...

This 'leaf' intrigues

Bring on the 'ajisai' (hydrangeas)

Port comings and goings

Planes, boats, birds

Trains, ship passing...always busy

Colours

Petals

All sorts


While I was in the park I was approached by a security guard, asking me how long I was going to be...'oh', thought I, 'this isn't a public park, even though I've been here before?' No, just a query, he was about to lock up the gate to the footbridge, was I planning to use it? Phew. Why do we I always have that moment of 'guilt' when approached by such people...?

Then, it was home on the train, ready to start all over again tomorrow.

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 9.17am, 5.14pm, 5.56pm; iPhone 6S, 8.18am, 5.56pm; 24 May 2016]