Friday 27 May 2016

Day 147 2016: A pigeon pair...

Day 147: ...with splashes of pink

Funny how you can 'accidentally' end up spending 11 hours in the office when you don't mean to do so. And so it was today. Just as I finished up my teaching for the week and was passing colleagues in the corridor, there was an invite of sorts...'we're about to have a meeting on such and such, care to join us?'

Well, that was unplanned, but what can you do? Three hours later...

Such is the lyf of the modern academic. There I was this morning, admiring the flora along the way...

Pigeon pair

Azalea hedge, green with splashes of pink

Then next minute, I find myself walking out the door 11 hours after I walked in. It did mean I got some pretty interesting views of night-time Ariake. One of the main centres here, the Tokyo Big Sight, is celebrating its 20th anniversary with a display on its 'wings'. 


Bubbles


Full
I must say, I am always quite impressed/intrigued at the scope of these images projected up onto buildings, be it Canberra, Brisbane or Tokyo. Bravo to the imagination.

[Camera : iPhone 6S, 6.50am, 8.23am,7.40pm, 26 May 2016]