Sunday 5 June 2016

Day 156 2016: There's something new in every day...

Day 156: ...even when we think we know

Today was the second day of conference attendance (although officially day three, I couldn't make the first day). Interesting papers and discussion again, and surprised and pleased when a colleague from my university turned up for the afternoon sessions. 

today we heard from Japan's 'father of peace studies', Professor Shin Chiba. He had quite a lot to say that is directly relevant to my work. 

Professor Chiba
But the newest/old thing today is my new camera. Yes, I needed something with a little more oomph than the phone cam, but something a little more practical for day-to-day snaps than the big cam. And since one can also now take photos of  historical documents in various libraries and the like, having something a little smaller is quite practical. Or so I convinced myself.

So now I have to learn to use it. It is more complicated than it looks, but I'll work on it. 


Ivy and the tree trunk

Base of the trunk

The ant and the pine cone

yellow flowers

A type of hydrangea...really. It's hydrangea season


That was the lunchtime effort. It is new, but it is familiar. It needs some rethinking and some more work. But we'll get there. Eventually. And that's just the Peace Studies component. As for the new cam...let's wait and see. 

Now, where's that instruction booklet. 


[Camera : iPhone 6S, 1.37pm; Lumix TZ85, 12.33-12.46pm; 4 June 2016]