Tuesday 7 June 2016

Day 159 2016: It's called 'learning new techniques'...

Day 159: ...for research purposes of course

So, I'm off down south for a few days for work. Some research on 19th century migration to Queensland and then attending the annual conference of the Japanese Australian Studies Association. So that means a lot of last minute things at work, things I must remember to take: notebook, file notes, electronic devices, pens/pencils etc...oh, and camera. Yes, just in case I need to take pics of some of the historical documents I might find. 

So, I've been practising a little today...on the zoom function, because...

On the way to work, the high road...

I see a wheel...

I can see clearly now, the wheel is there...

A rare moment of stillness on the water...

...which lasted about five minutes

And so on the way home...

...the wheel was still there, with lights on

but still, no people

...well, because some of the historical documents might be so small, I'll need to zoom in to get the detail. Right?

Er, right. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, various lengths; 8.52am-8.53am, 9.58am-10.06am, 6.45pm; 7 June 2016]