Saturday 2 July 2016

Day 182 2016: The haze starts to roll in...

Day 182: ...no, not a metaphor

The year is at the halfway point, I have completed three months in the new job, it is day 182 or, simply, if you like, 30 June. Makes most of us turn our thoughts to end-of-financial-year tax things I suppose. And I have to think about that from here. 

As someone who grew up by the coast, near the ocean, somehow the little variants in the weather each day become almost second nature...when the surf will be up, when it will be down, hot, cold etc. I guess it takes a while though I don't ever recall thinking about it too consciously. 

Today, I noticed a bit of a light mist, perhaps haze, coming in over the Bay. Tokyo does get quite humid so I wondered if it had something to do with that. I guess I'll need a year or so before I can read the climate here.


Return from duty

The bridge changed again



The mist, the haze, ever so fine


Or maybe not. Some days there will be haze, and others a marvellous clarity. And I do mean that both literally and metaphorically. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 3.07pm, 6.16pm; 30 June 2016]